Connecting to your Windows VPS using mac os x
- Open the Remote Desktop Connection application.
- The first time you open the application, the End User License Agreement will pop up. Accept the license agreement. Then a window will pop up asking you to register. Click Register Later. You will not see these windows when you open the program in the future.
- In the Computer: field, type the IP address for your office computer.
- In the Log On to Windows dialog box, type your network username, password, and leave the domain empty and then click OK.
- You may be prompted with a certificate message. Click Connect. Once connected, go to the RDC menu and select Preferences. Click the Security icon and select Always connect, even if authentication fails. This will remove future message prompts like the one below
- The Remote Desktop window will open